Scar Home Remedies
Scar Remedies – Going the Natural Way
There are different types and different causes for scars. Scars are the result of the natural healing process of damaged skin and tissue caused by surgery, wounds, and sores.
No matter what type of scar you have or its location, the use of natural remedies can improve the appearance of the scar. Some natural remedies are listed below.
- Coconut oil – contains fatty acid, these fatty acids that work as antioxidants to protect and heal damaged skin, this oil works with the body’s healing process.
- Aloe vera - is a good rejuvenating agent for the skin and tissue, it also is a good skin moisturizer and has anti-inflammatory properties. Aloe vera can promote healing of scar tissue and aid in reducing a scars appearance.
- Olive oil - is a good moisturizer, with revitalizing properties. Moisturizing and revitalizing reduces scarring and promotes healing.
- Tea tree oil - this oil contains antibacterial and antifungal properties, when applied to the scarred area not only provides protection for infection, it can significantly improve the appearance of the scarred area. This oil has a strong pungent odor and should never be ingested.
- Baking soda – is a natural skin exfoliant, used regularly it can fade scars and produce softer, smoother skin.
- Cucumber paste – cucumbers can be ground down into a paste and applied to the scarred area. It helps hydrate the area and fades scars.
These are just a few natural remedies, others may include, lemon juice, honey, and calendula.
A few other things can be beneficial and improve the results of these natural remedies. Below is a list of these benefitting factors.
1. Eating a proper diet. A proper diet promotes overall good health. This can promote healing.
2. Drinking lots of fluids, especially water, helps keep the skin hydrated. Well hydrated skin assists in fading of scars.
3. Get plenty of sleep. It is while you are sleeping that the body regenerates itself. Restoring nutrients to the skin, tissue and cells. Rest can improve the healing process.
4. Exercise can be beneficial in healing. Exercise increases blood flow, allowing nutrients to make it to the scarred area. It can also cause sweat. Sweating can get rid of toxins in the skin.
5. Wound care is essential in scar treatment. Keeping the area clean not only removes dead tissue, which can slow down scar treatments, it promotes healing.
In using these or any natural remedies, it is important to understand that consistency and patience are required to get the best results. Using more than one treatment in conjunction with each other can only maximize the results. If natural remedies are of interest to you, there is a large amount of information available for natural treatment available online, in health stores, and in book stores.
As with starting any type of treatment it, is always recommended that you speak with a healthcare professional. This can ensure you are using the proper and most beneficial treatment for your condition.